Singer Shawn Mendes has vowed to make his proposed collaboration with BTS a reality, even though the South Korean boyband has been too busy to schedule studio time together. The There's Nothing Holdin' Me Back hitmaker met BTS at last year's (17) American Music Awards, where they discussed ideas for a joint project in a chat recorded for the K-pop stars' official YouTube channel. The two acts have continued to tease fans about the idea ever since, but the new material has yet to come to fruition. Now Shawn has addressed the hold up, admitting it's been tough to squeeze the track into their hectic schedules. "Latest on the collaboration, they're a hard group to get with," Mendes told The Roz and Mocha Show in his native Toronto, Canada. "They're busy people. I have no lyrics on their collaboration yet." However, Shawn isn't refusing to give up hope, because he's been a big fan of their work for a while. "It'll happen. Promise," he said. "I can't give you a date because we haven't hung out and wrote a song yet, but it will happen. 'Cause I love them and... their fans too. So, I promise." It's no surprise Shawn and the BTS members haven't had time to get together so far this year - Mendes' self-titled album topped the U.S. Billboard 200 earlier this month (Jun18), making the 19-year-old the third-youngest artist to earn three number one albums, behind fellow Canadian Justin Bieber and Miley Cyrus. Meanwhile, BTS recently made U.S. chart history too, after their Love Yourself: Tear release became the first-ever Korean album to lead the Billboard 200.
Is Serena Williams pregnant with a mini Serena? Her sister and fellow tennis star Venas Williams may have spilled the beans with regard to the child's sex. In an interview with Eurosport at the French Open Wednesday, Venus was asked what the baby will call her. "She's going to call me her favorite aunt," she said, laughing. Did she let the cat out of the bag? Or should we be rolling in pink already. It wont be long until the world finds out...
Tom Hardy is officially confirmed to return for the upcoming Venom sequel. The 41-year-old starred in last year's movie as journalist Eddie Brock, who transforms into the monstrous creature based on the Marvel Comics character of the same name, after his body merges with an alien symbiotic life form. Producer Amy Pascal revealed to Fandango that the Oscar nominated British actor is onboard for the follow-up to the hit movie, which also starred Michelle Williams and Riz Ahmed. “I can say that Tom Hardy will be back, magnificently playing that character as no one else can. When you think of Venom, you’ll never be able to think of anyone but Tom Hardy sitting in that bathtub of lobsters. And once you saw Tom Hardy do this character, that’s all you needed to know," she explained. She also teased the possibility that Tom Holland‘s Spider-Man could show up in Venom 2. “Everybody would love to see that,” Pascal said. “You never know someday... it might happen. I can say that we’ve had a fantastic partnership and you never know what’s going to happen. We have a lot of stories to tell about Spider-Man, in every facet. We have big plans for Tom Holland to be a part of everything.” The first Venom movie received mostly negative reviews from critics, but was one of the highest grossing films of 2018, bringing in more than $850 million at the worldwide box office. A sequel was teased in the end credits scene of the film, when Hardy's character Eddie Brock interviewed convicted serial killer Cletus Kasady, played by Woody Harrelson, in prison. “When I get out of here – and I will – there’s gonna be carnage,” Kasady promised. Fans have speculated that his line points to Harrelson playing Carnage – one of Venom’s biggest villains in the comic book series – in the upcoming sequel.
Actor David Hasselhoff has wed for the third time, exchanging vows with Hayley Roberts in Italy on Tuesday (31Jul18). The former Baywatch hunk tied the knot with his fiancee of two years in the country's southern Puglia region before a small group of friends and family, including his daughters Taylor, 28, and Hayley, 25, who David flew in for the ceremony, his press agent confirms to People.com. Hasselhoff, 66, began dating Welsh model Roberts, 38, in 2011, when she approached him for an autograph at a hotel while he served as a judge on hit TV competition Britain's Got Talent. The star ended up asking Hayley for her number, and the couple became engaged five years later. Hayley previously revealed she was completely shocked by her now-husband's proposal, which occurred during a romantic picnic on a beach in Malibu, California in 2016. "We were both in tears," she told Hello! magazine shortly after he popped the question. "I genuinely had no idea he was going to do that, I'm still overwhelmed." David shares his daughters with second wife Pamela Bach, who he was married to from 1989 until their 2006 divorce, and he is overjoyed to have their support for his new spouse Hayley, as it was his girls who encouraging him to propose to the model. "I told my girls what I was going to do and they were both really supportive," he told Hello!. "It's tough. No one wants to see their parents split up. But they love Hayley and they're just happy for me." The Knight Rider star was also married to actress Catherine Hickland for five years until 1989.

Links